View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 05:34 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Heart

I saw God today in the clear bright blue sky as I drove to meet with my pastor.

It was a long drive but that didn't matter.

I was able to notice God in the little things...

The corn stalks tall and turning brown as it nears harvest time.

Birds of all sizes some circling around looking for a meal, others flying together going up and down as they caught the currents of the wind. It looked as though they were a group of children playing follow the leader.

I noticed a little brown squirrel as it ran down a tree and across a yard...it was carrying what appeared to be a large black walnut that was bigger than the squirrels head.

As I pulled in to my pastor's driveway I was greeted by dozens of butterflies in all sizes and colors. It seemed to me as if they had been sitting there waiting for me to arrive. They were all sitting on the driveway and when I turned in they all fluttered up and about my car.

On my trip back home I passed and old friend who was driving in the opposite direction. It was so nice to see her even though we no longer communicate...It know now that she's at least doing a little bit ok...She was talking on her phone but I was able to see her smile.

Thank you God for giving me this beautiful day of discovery.

Abbie

Rest in Peace
3/8/90 ~~ 4/2/12
Abbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brokenfriend (09-18-2008), Burntmarshmallow (09-17-2008), Darlene (09-17-2008), mistiis (09-18-2008), nana1 (11-01-2008), southie (09-26-2008), Vonn07 (09-19-2008), who moi (09-17-2008)