View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 11:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default OT- Holiday time help & ideas

One of our posters on the tos forum had a good idea about starting a holiday "tips" thread and I'd like to carry it a little further if possible. If anybody thinks this isn't a good idea just let me know and I'll remove it. All of us here are dealing with different illnesses and problems and I'm wondering if we could offer up any hints or ideas that might help others during this upcoming holiday season. As in, how can those of us who are able to do pretty much everything, help others who might need some help? Or, what causes the most problems for each of you and what do you do in order to get around that problem or are there things you just can't do and others do it for you,etc.? I think you know what I'm talking about! For instance, for the most part I'm able to do pretty much what I want to, compared to many on our forum. The only thing I can't do anymore, that has had to go by the wayside, is hang Christmas lights around my roof. Other things that cause me a problem and some pain, but not enough to stop doing it, is wrapping gifts if I try to do them all at once and decorating the tree- I do that in small increments- some one day, more the next, and so on, until I'm finished (I like alot of lights ). I also do most of the cooking, with my husband's help. But, I'm always open to new ideas- especially those that make the lightbulb go off in my head like, "why didn't I think of that?!" Anybody who wants to contribute here please add something! Also, if anybody is interested maybe we could share some recipes that are favorites and not too complicated and expensive to make. And, this one I also need help on- my MIL is in her 70's and has been very ill and has to go into the hosp. every other week to get blood so she's alot weaker than she used to be. She's asked for some small lightweight kitchen appliances because she hasn't got enough strength anymore to lift very much. So, I've already gotten her one of those can openers that's been on TV- that goes around the top of the can- because she can't hold a can up to her other electric can opener. She also wants a jar opener. Does anybody else have any ideas for things that might help in this situation? I know that these things don't sound like "fun" Christmas gifts but this is what she wants and needs.
redjpwranglergirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote