View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 07:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

That must stink.....if I try and take a day off work everyone gangs up on me - or try and bail from Mike's radio show (on Saturday) - hell no! My hubby was already trying to schedule a trip to (get this) Alaska of all places! I was always super active before, so my family just expects me to be the "old me" and cook, clean, and take care of all of them - it's so frustrating! My son (who is wonderful for the most - part) doesn't understand why he has to ride the bus now in the afternoons (I still take him in the morning - no matter what), and my hubby, who really has been great overall wants me to entertain all the time - in fact we have a camera crew coming in 2 days to film our house )he's a realtor), so unless I'm 1000%, I'm really not cut any slack.........that sux! I think people still expext the old me - no matter what........I feel guilty enough w/out additional pressure from themDon't get me wrong, I truly adore my family, but they drive me crazy!) My FIL keeps saying to ignore my doc and exercise more - granted I've gained weight, but b/4 I was down 2 two ensures a day b/4 I was in the hospital (I HATE ensure) and simply could not eat - not @ all - maybe that's why my iron was so low - they did that horrible bone marrow test on me - - still hurts.......Ferritin level was @ 10awful! This disease is lonely - let me know if there is anything I can do to help......

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyGirl View Post
Don't worry about all those well meaning friends. After a few years with MG, you won't have any to worry about. All of mine scattered like roaches when the light turns on after my symptoms started. I have a couple left, but none I really feel close to anymore. MG is a lonely disease. As for now, just ignore them. I actually have the opposite problem---people try to get me to take it easy. I do have one who thinks I need to get out and get a hobby, etc, but making friends is infinitely more difficult with MG.

Missy