View Single Post
Old 11-11-2006, 12:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo55 View Post
I hardly wrap gifts anymore - I go to the Dollar Store and get the gift bags and tissue paper!! drop in the gift fluff the paper and all done.

Plus the gift bags are reuseable.

I really don't like throwing out or burning all that gift wrap every year.
{my parents used to fold the large pieces & save it for the next year}
No, I don't "wrap" as much as I used to either. I do use alot of bags but sometimes there's things that are too big for bags or that I'd just prefer to wrap. I don't know if "Tuesday Mornings" are all over the country or not but they always have some of the prettiest bags I've ever seen and alot cheaper than alot of places- so does "Marshalls". I've found some really unique Christmas bags there- some very Victorian looking ones. I also get alot of ideas out of "Country Living" or "Country Home" magazines for wrapping and decorating ideas. You can go to Dollar Stores or Walmart,etc. and get cute things to decorate the bags or packages. One year I wrapped alot of stuff in "old-timey" looking wrapping paper and tied a wooden spoon into the top and used it as my "to & from" card- just wrote to so and so, from so and so on the spoon. I've also tied those metal cookie cutters on top of packages, stuck small candy bars on top of packages, used the Sunday comics to wrap a child's gift, and so on. You can get really creative without spending alot of money. Yes, we also reuse the bags- it's a running joke between my DIL and I that we pass the bags back and forth and say that's these are our "community bags"...They still look brand new so why throw them out?
redjpwranglergirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote