View Single Post
Old 11-11-2006, 12:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Sally,

I can absolutely relate to the feeling of being afraid to stay alone and then I get upset with myself for thinking like that. I am also a widow, but with no children and no one who checks on me on a regular basis. I am still able to walk unassisted, but not very far. I work two part-time days a week, and other than that there is no one who would check on me should anything happen.

I live in a town house. It is a story and a half. So I have my master bedroom on the first floor, but I do still have stairs to climb to get upstairs to the third bedroom and my office. In addition, I have stairs that go down the front and back of the townhouse. I too am looking for a one floor ground town house, but have not been able to find one. They are hard to come by in my area. I want one to buy. Land is so high here that everything goes up in order to get more square footage.

I really do not have much to add. Sounds like you have a very good support network, which is great. I do agree that you might want to look into one of the medical alert buttons that you wear around your neck. I know what you are saying and you are not alone in this situation. I hate the thought of moving, but if I can find a one floor that I like I will just have to do it.

Good luck to you in making this dicision. It is not an easy one. I am glad you have your daughter there to talk it over with.

Virginia
VIRGINIA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote