View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 04:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I think I disagree a bit from the majority here.

While her temporary melancholy mood does not compare to what you have to deal with everyday, maybe to her it was a big deal. If she is always unfeeling about your pain and disability, that's a different matter and cause for an "ex" friendship........but if she is normally supportive of you and just going through a needy time herself right now, I think it's important to acknowledge that you understand her unhappiness.

If I am upset because my dog just died (just using an example, she's fine !) and I have a friend who lost their child 10 years ago, I think a little sympathy would still be in order for my loss. In the grand scheme of things, I know the loss of a pet does not compare to the loss of a child, but if something happens to my dog, I would be really sad and still "justified" in greiving. If the deaths of the dog and the child happened on the same day, I would never presume to tell my friend, "I know what it's like to lose a loved one", but if they happened some distance apart, I would hope that my friend could still feel sorry for my loss. It doesn't compare to the enormity of hers, but I should be "allowed" to hurt too.

I'm just throwing out another opinion..........not to minimze what you must go through each day, as we all know, chronic pain sux

I hope this is just a temporary self pity party for your friend.......and that she is a good friend the rest of the time.

And.......for the record......I would have woken her up to pick up the dog poop !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote