View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 07:48 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Just started using them when Jack came home from the hospital. It's pretty nice when groceries just show up and the guy puts it all into the freezer for me.

Some of the things we've tried are great and some are awful. My guy informed me that Schwan's is the maker of most frozen pizzas you find in the grocery store, so now you know what their pizzas are like.

Of all the things we've tried so far, the worst was this nasty thing they called "meatloaf" which was neither like meat nor loaf but was definitely stewed in chemical flavorings. Earl is right, it's pretty foolproof, if it's yuck, they'll take it back and give full credit.

The best to us so far is the turkey dinner, the pot pies that are real food and enough, and the chicken entrees. It's all easy to make and we've landed at the place where it's the "easy, no work" stuff to fall back on instead of carry-out from Applebee's or Olive Garden, etc. The Chinese stays.

For every day I choose to play,
I set aside a day to pay.
—AMN

"Sometimes plastic wrap just won't cling, no matter how much money you put in the meter."

—From the Book of True Wizdom
AfterMyNap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote