View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 08:11 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Another vent about fatigue & request for advice

Last week I signed up to volunteer for my Presidential candidate of choice. This isn't a politcal thread so I'm not gonna say who . Well, I've been making phone calls (and getting hung up a lot LOL), setting up a fundraising page, etc. The problem is all of the meetings, events, and parties are in the evening, sigh. I am a useless piece of meat by the end of the day no matter how much energy I conserve. I've taken Provigil which makes me feel like I drank 40 cups of coffee even at the lowest dose . Amantadine does nothing for me. I'll be seeing my Neuro soon so I'm hoping you guys can give me some ideas about what other meds I can try. I've tried vitamins (various combinations and forms of them with no luck). As you all know, it's extremely difficult to get non-MSers to understand the severity of our fatigue. My fellow volunteers say the usual things 'oh, I know just how you feel', yeah, right SURE you do, is what I want to say. I'm really missing out on doing things that I know I would enjoy. It sucks. I want to canvass in my neighborhood but that is out of the question because of the heat here. Okay, I'm done whining now . Thanks for reading this . It's so great to have people in my life that understand .

Jodylee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyC (09-18-2008)