View Single Post
Old 11-11-2006, 02:35 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

I talked to my Best Friend and she is a year older than I am. She lives alone and knows exactly what I'm feeling....as many of you, also, know. She has a Daughter close to her, as well. We had a great talk and I feel a lot better about things.

She went through a vulnerable time too....she had an operation and went through a needy period just as I did, with my dental surgery. She was very depressed until she grew stronger and able to take care of herself again. That's what I'm dealing with now.

My home is a one story with basement. I have a chair lift to the basement with a WC there, so that I can get around to do the laundry or whatever. The only prroblem is getting into and out of my house. A couple of deep stairs to get into the garage and the same out the front door.

That's why my DD wants me to have a flat condo, so I can go outside without having to have someone here. That is the only thing I miss, because I have a screened in patio to enjoy, but I won't go out there, because I'm afraid of falling. Otherwise, I am content where I am.

Thank you all so much for listening to my rant and understanding. I'm fine for now and don't want to move, but if something, really neat turns up, I could change my mind. I may make some assessable changes here, such as a lift from the back door to my patio.

Chris66, my rant seems so selfish, when it comes to People like you. I am so sorry for your situation, which is so much scarier than mine. I am going to be praying for you a lot. I hope that your health improves so that you will be able to live comfortabley where you are. Thank you so much for your concern about my piddly rant. Love to You.

Thank you all, You are the best.

Love and hugs,

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

~If The World Didn't Suck, We Would All Fall Off~
SallyC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote