View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 10:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

That's what I thought as well - denial wise. It seems they just don't "get it" even though they are all very intelligent people, so I just can't seem to understand..........I mean, when someone I love is sick, I try to make sure they are taken care of and rest as much as possible, but my group just doesn't want me to. I guess (in their minds), they think I'm just "giving up" - -which is NOT the case.Trust me, I want my old life back - I'd do almost ANYTHING to have it back, but I need to try and focus, rest, etc, in order to feel better.

There are good days and bad days, and I'm just going to have to deal with it........

My son is also special needs - he has Aspergers - he is the light of my life! He also cracks me up b/c there is no bs with him - if he thinks it, he says it - I love that about him! He is very dry and takes everything literally - he is so much fun! I knew I was going to stay home yesterday b/c he told me I looked awful and then asked if I was sick, so I knew I wasn't doing all that well.........

Let me know how you are when you get a chance!

Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyGirl View Post
Denial is an insidious little beast. Your family seems to be in the thick of it. Might I suggest you just not talk about MG with them anymore? Your actions (or inactions) will speak louder than words and they will eventually "get it." However, you will have to prepare for some fallout and loss of "support" (I use that term loosely, as they are currently NOT supporting you), over time because many "can't" or don't want to "deal."

It will be up to you to carve out a life YOU can live with. Shame on them for pressuring you! I do feel for your son. With my dd, she has never really known me any other way, and she's also special needs (high functioning autism) so doesn't hassle me about the MG too much. Your son, however, will adapt. Currently my dh takes my dd to school, and I pick her up. I don't do mornings very well, although I was once a real morning person.

Hang in there!

Missy