View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 11:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by finz View Post
I think I disagree a bit from the majority here.

While her temporary melancholy mood does not compare to what you have to deal with everyday, maybe to her it was a big deal. If she is always unfeeling about your pain and disability, that's a different matter and cause for an "ex" friendship........but if she is normally supportive of you and just going through a needy time herself right now, I think it's important to acknowledge that you understand her unhappiness.

If I am upset because my dog just died (just using an example, she's fine !) and I have a friend who lost their child 10 years ago, I think a little sympathy would still be in order for my loss. In the grand scheme of things, I know the loss of a pet does not compare to the loss of a child, but if something happens to my dog, I would be really sad and still "justified" in greiving. If the deaths of the dog and the child happened on the same day, I would never presume to tell my friend, "I know what it's like to lose a loved one", but if they happened some distance apart, I would hope that my friend could still feel sorry for my loss. It doesn't compare to the enormity of hers, but I should be "allowed" to hurt too.

I'm just throwing out another opinion..........not to minimze what you must go through each day, as we all know, chronic pain sux

I hope this is just a temporary self pity party for your friend.......and that she is a good friend the rest of the time.

And.......for the record......I would have woken her up to pick up the dog poop !
Thank you, I agree with a lot of what you said. I am really trying to look at things from her point of view. I am just having a hard time thinking back to problems with my mom, or who is dating who.

Thank you all so much! It feels so good to be able to "talk" with people that understand. My husband will try so hard, but he just can't understand.
Loving mother of Baby D (3 months)

I have the support of a loving husband, and two wonderful children. They make me get out of bed everyday, and fight the pain of RSD
GJmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote