Thread: movies
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 01:24 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

The movie has been out (on DVD release) for some time now, yet... I still like it each time I watch it:

"Sweet Home Alabama."

I went to the theatre to see "Over the Hedge" and it was cute (only had a bit of like bathroom type "humor" - not quite that far, only I don't know what to call it otherwise - that I don't much care for). However, the movie is family-friendly, and, to me, that's a major plus since I don't much care to hear an expletive every other word. (In thinking about it, there is a program on HBO, I think it is, and one of my friends was watching it with me; the "f" word was uttered approx. 20 times within 7 mins. I wasn't counting yet my friend sure was. Some times, or at times, some words "fit" the context of the theme, plot and so on, only all those times also seemed excessive to me.)

Too, another movie I really enjoy is "Wyatt Earp" (I think that's the spelling); it's with Kevin Costner. A rather lengthy movie and with some rough scenes and language that I could easily live without. But... all-in-all, I think it's probably my fav. among the "Western" genre. I've watched it (maybe) 3 times now, and could watch it again and again.

It's difficult for me to go out to the movies: It's just so physically darn'd uncomfortable sitting for a length of time. If my mind isn't locked into "following" the plot, I'm outta there. Couldn't care less what the cost was for the ticket. If I'm bored and uncomfy, it's just time to leave. So, I like a movie with a good plot and prefer a faster pace. W. Earp is a gradual unfolding, but once it gets "moving," it does engage a viewer such as myself. The Earp movie is one that's been on my dish stations. I hadn't heard of it when it was also in theatres. If I had, I would have gone to see it.

Last edited by Bobbi; 09-07-2006 at 01:39 AM.
Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote