View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 04:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Yeah, it IS exhausting! Devon will argue simply for the sake of argument. Don't get me wrong, he's a great kid, but he sometime drives me nuts! Devon's "outlet" is the computer - WOW especially - or World of Warcraft to us laymans....He hyperfocuses on his game and I have to drag him off daily - it can be so very annoying. He has also had problems with autoimmune disorders: alopcia, exzema, shingles, etc. and wants to be tested for autoimmune problems now. My dr. is drawing up the paperwork, since not many young kids get shingles. My mom ALSO has autoimmune problems (just like Devon's) plus she has had symptoms of MG for years, but won't get it checked out - don't ask me why.....I just hope and pray that Devon is OK - I know this sounds nuts, but I would feel really guilty if he ever comes down with MG, though I know the chances are slim. It really irritates him when I try and tell him about MG, so I'm just going to leave him alone for now. It scared him when I was so sick. I was always so strong b/4 I became ill (think about a woman with OCD who repaints her whole house over the weekend and then gardens - I wonder if that contributed to my getting so ill so quickly - were you the same way b/4 u became ill? I just can't stand to stay in bed all the time, so getting out and finally being able to work has really been a blessing for me.........Gotta go for now and get my house ready for tomorrow!

Hang in there!!!!!

Erin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyGirl View Post
I've got a "female pit bull"--it gets soooooo tiring. Every day is a new day, same old issues. My dd is 5' 3", leggy, beautiful and totally buff as she's a competitive swimmer---and GOOD, too. The exercise helps take the edge off of her hyperness. We've just begun the "pubertal growth spurt" and all of the hormones are beginning to flow. Not fun at all---except for her swimming which is definitely benefitting from her newfound strength.

Hang in there!

Missy