View Single Post
Old 11-11-2006, 10:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up chair

Sally,

I don't have much to add to the replies that you aready have. One of my suggestions also is for you to start looking for another place to live which is on one level.

One of the medical alert companies is also very important, in my opinion. I have been checking into these products myself. They run about a dollar a day. So, if you need help all you do is touch the button, at which point someone contacts you and finds out what assistance you need.

My main reason for answering the thread is to let you know about a reclining chair that lifts you up in order for you to get out of a chair easier. The one I bought will recline at a 180' angle.

When I get sick, I cannot get out of bed by myself. This meant that I had to sit in a chair all day when my husband was at work so I could get to the bathroom.

With the recliner, I am able to lie down and get some rest during the day. When I want to get up, all I do is push a button and then I am set up so I can get to my walker.

If I was living by myself I know that this recliner would be even more important to me.

This disease is a real bummer and I also spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to make my life easier and safer. I know exactly what trials that you are going through and I wish you the best.

The fact that you have relatives near you is so important to your functioning too. You are lucky about this area of your life.

Jean
gonnamakeit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote