View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008, 03:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Yeah, this darm disease is very complicated and everyone seem to have different side effects to all the meds. I've been very lucky so far. My hemo told me that he'd never seen someone do so well being on steroids for as long as I have - my mestinon hasn't given me too many problems and aside from my moon face and slight weight gain, the prednisone has been FABULOUS! I am now on cellcept as well - my doc is trying to wean me off the steroids, we'll see how that goes...........I've been really lucky so far! Anything is better than where I was @ 6 months ago..........I've been able to work, eat, sleep and BREATHE - AMEN! This is a really scary disease, though. There just doesn't seem to be a lot of knowledge in the medical community regarding it, though my GP knew what it was when I came in with my list o' symptoms and called a neuro that day to set up my appt. - I still send her flowers - she is simply the best dr. ever! We are both very lucky to have such good drs, aren't we? Take care!

Erin
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodDreamer2007 View Post
I'm not sure how long I had MG before I was diagnosed. I had several years of rehab from a car accident, and a couple of Back surgeries. Trying to do the rehab was horrible. I kept feeling like was was weakening rather than improving. I thought because I have bi-lateral nerve damage, it was just the nerves getting inflamed, or worse. I then started to have problems with swallowing, so I told my doctor about all the new stuff that was happening, and she was on the ball, and got me to the neuro.
I actually thought my Neuro was full of bunk, and was way off, as the only thing I could find on MG at that time was Ocular, and up until them, I hadn't had any problems with my site. Since then, many many times.
I was diagnosed through a tensilon, and was sero-neg at first, but last year tested again, and was positive. I've was diagnosed in 2004, but believe I've had a certan degree of MG for many many years before that.
It's a very complicated disease.
Best of Wishes
Lizzie