Old 11-11-2006, 03:03 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonnamakeit View Post
Sally,
My main reason for answering the thread is to let you know about a reclining chair that lifts you up in order for you to get out of a chair easier. The one I bought will recline at a 180' angle.

When I get sick, I cannot get out of bed by myself. This meant that I had to sit in a chair all day when my husband was at work so I could get to the bathroom.

With the recliner, I am able to lie down and get some rest during the day. When I want to get up, all I do is push a button and then I am set up so I can get to my walker. If I was living by myself I know that this recliner would be even more important to me.

This disease is a real bummer and I also spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to make my life easier and safer. I know exactly what trials that you are going through and I wish you the best.
Jean
Jean, thank you for your thoughtful reply. I did buy a recliner, last year, and what a waste of money. It's not automatic and it isn't a lift chair. At the time, I thought I was doing the right thing, but now I find it hard to operate and hard to get out of. I am considering giving this one to my DD and getting one like yours.

I think I am just a little down right now, because of all I've been through. I need to give myself more time to recuperate, and quit trying to rush things. We people with MS are control freaks and it's so hard for us to be needy.

Thank you all for your replies and concern, and remember, I am here for you too.

Love,

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

~If The World Didn't Suck, We Would All Fall Off~
SallyC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote