Thread: Bull Dog
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008, 06:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Slow Bad

I have been on Prednisone now for two weeks and it sure helps. Doc said to be careful that the MG works in mysterious ways. I am beginning to do things I did years ago but thought old age was on the way. Like walking down the middle of steps instead of by the hand rail, squatting down, playing tennis with out the fear of being off balance. I think the disease is so slow that I have had it for maybe years and accepted the problem and the family doctor did not seem concerned until I had double vision.

Hope all goes well for you.

Bull Dog
Fairhope, AL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodDreamer2007 View Post
When it comes to double vision,Most MGer's dont' get relief from Mestinon .
Prednisone will help the fastest, with in a few weeks. Other immuno suppressants such as Imuran, Cell-cept, CycloSporine..etc. will take a few months to see the difference, and it's also very common for it to take up to a good year to see full effects of those drugs.
For the most part, the meds for this disease, is not something that's a quick fix. Unfortuanately it can take a few years to really work out what cocktail of meds work best for your body.
This is why it's known as the snowflake disease, cause we're all so different and react so differently to treatments. Too many things play into it.
Best of wishes.
In the mean time, there is the prism and tape to help while you're getting situated.
Love Lizzie
Bull Dog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote