Thread: A Tough Week
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 01:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default A Tough Week

So this was a tough week. My wife wound up in the ER because she woke up not able to feel the left side of her body and her lips, nose, fingers and arms were twitching unvoluntarily. I think that qualifies as a seizure. They took a CT and an MRI and found out she had a Septum Pellicidum cyst. I am not clear on what that means but I do know that she has had an extreme headache that nothing seems to cure. Motrin barely takes the edge off allowing her to bear it. I feel so bad for her as I know that she is really scared of the unknown aspect of this. She has allready been through one brain surgery to remove a Rathke's tumor and the thought of a second surgery scares the living daylights out of her. I wish I knew how to be there for her. As a man I am used to being the fixer and the one who does things to make things right and the fact that I can't fix or do anything about this frustrates the daylights out of me. I don't know that frustrates is the right word though. I worry about her and wonder if she will wake up from the nights rest and I am scared as hell to lose her.
scoobybean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote