View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 08:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diaba View Post

Anyway, enough about me. Do the nerve blocks help to relieve your pain? I'm still learning about this whole ON thing, but it sounds like it can be caused from many things. The swelling/inflammation of the surrounding muscles which you mentioned. It's also been mentioned to me that the occipital nerves can become stuck to the muscles during the healing process(especially where alot of inflammation is involved). This can cause the nerves to be pulled/irritated every time you move since the nerves can no longer glide properly. And you having upper cervical lesions adds another thing to consider. I think the occipital nerve has a component from C2.

Again, welcome to the forum, keep us posted on how you're doing, and what working for you.

Diana
Yes the block do help. I can usually get about a week with no headache. Right after the shots, my head is reallt painful for 2-3 days (Where the shots went in) and then it settles down. I haven't decided if this trade off is worth it or not, but I guess if we are going to build a case for the implant, then I have to keep doing it.

Thanks for the welcome. I had no idea there were boards for this type of stuff.
prairiegirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
diaba (09-20-2008)