View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 09:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Ali,

So sorry to hear that your program didn't go as you had hoped; but please remain optimistic as things really can turn around. I wanted to share something with you ... just in case it might be of help.

Just like you, my then 13-year-old daughter was diagnosed with RSD following an ankle sprain. Sarah had week-long epidurals, spinal blocks, took way too many meds, and also participated in an intense PT program. It was not until we discovered hyperbarics that she finally got better. We now have a mild chamber in our home ... and she is doing so well; but believe me, there were so many times that we had no idea which way to turn. As I suspect you well know, it is a really scary place to be.

Regarding the dystonia. We have a neighbor who was so concerned and always shared with us how she was praying for Sarah. This neighbor suffers from cervical dystonia (not rsd), which causes her head to turn sharply to the side. When we got our chamber, we told this neighbor that she could try hyperbarics if she had her doctors approval. Her response to treatments was remarkable. After the 3rd treatment, when she got out of the tube, she was able to straighten her head to a forward position (she was so happy that she sobbed). She had also suffered from pain at the sight of her mastectomy for 18 years, and that pain too resolved.

I know that you have considered hyperbarics in the past. Is this a treatment option that you all could revisit?

Please take care, honey. I know that you are brave, bright, and very sweet. Just like with my daughter, I am certain that great things await you.

Jeanne
jenno is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ali12 (09-20-2008), Sandel (09-22-2008), Twinkletoes (09-21-2008)