View Single Post
Old 11-11-2006, 05:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

No problem, I look at it like I'm taking one for the team! The entire experience wasn't a burden, but it's like getting a trigger point injection in your spine and they say "Just a little poke". I wish people were honest about those things, it's easier to prepare yourself. I think of parents who don't experience and have to go off of their kids words and some kids can't talk. I certainly don't want anyone to be afraid, but I don't want anyone to be misled into thinking this is a walk in the park.

I called The Epilepsy Center to tell them it would be nice for them to offer that cream I mentioned earlier and apply it after the removal of the electrodes. It really helped out tons with the pain. I'd say some areas mainly on the skin with no hair is equal to rug burn (if you have a sibling, you'll be familiar with this if yours was like mine!), the areas from the middle of my head to the front were equal to sunburn and the areas on the back of my head (they prefer you sleep flat on your back) had knots and raw spots, some were open - those hurt like blisters. Hopefully my pseudo-pain scale can help out. I bet Aloe would be good for this too (after care).

They should change the tagaderm and cloth tape every day on the IV sites, just leaving it covered so long (and they make you sweat a lot) is gross. I'll spare you the stories.

My face is looking better, kind of like I had a bad breakout - but it feels great. I apply the cream 3 times a day after I wash my face with clear soap. I bought some neutrogena fragrance free shampoo and conditioner, the stuff I had burnt my head.

Best of luck to you Garney, and keep us posted.

Thanks everyone for your support (and the night-time chats), it helps a lot!
Ellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote