Thread: Hello?
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 11:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks Mary! We went yesterday for the second opinion, well, 3rd actually..and this doc agrees with the SCS recommendation. Not sure how to feel about that, but he did give us alot..I mean ALOT of information. He told us from his experience what to expect from WC, and that they will not be happy about the SCS. He set up an appointment for a psych eval, and said it would probably be near Christmas before everything was ready to go. He said Reed has to follow WC protocol, including the meds that havent been tried. He changed his neurontin to lyrica, which is keeping him awake even worse than before.. and cymbalta, and clonidine patch, niether of those he's started yet. The doc doesnt expect too much from them , but says they have to be tried. He told Reed that from the bone scan 2 months ago, his RSD has definitely progressed, and has spread to his knee (which the last doc was hesitant to say it was RSD there). The temp. changes and color changes and swelling are proof enough. he was also open to the idea that the nerve block may have caused spread to his right arm. This all just happened, and it's moving so fast I'm terrified. I'm just praying that everything goes well with the SCS, and WC approves it. This seems to be the one hope he has of walking again. The doc also warned Reed that trying to walk now, with all the numbness and everything else might not be the best idea, since a simple sprain can cause the RSD to go haywire. He suggested that he definitely keep it moving, but not trying to walk. he gave us some home therapy ideas, and said that I should gently exercise his leg several times a day. He seems to know what he's talking about, and he educated us on things we hadnt read about. So.. fingers crossed, and many prayers going up that everything goes well.
Rita is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote