View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 12:17 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Lightbulb A Moment to Say Thanks...from Rubin Jordan

A Moment to Say Thanks

Have you said a prayer of thanksgiving today? We often say prayers of petition — when we ask God for help — and prayers of intercession — when we ask God to help our friends or loved ones. But a third kind of prayer — a prayer of thankfulness — is vital to our spiritual well-being. Take a moment to consider what you're thankful for today, whether it's a small victory over health symptoms, or a major life milestone. Thankfulness paves the way for blessings ahead. The Bible tells us:
"Praise the Lord, I tell myself; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, I tell myself, and never forget the good things he does for me. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. He ransoms me from death and surrounds me with love and tender mercies." (Psalm 103:1–4)

A gratitude journal ~
Write Your Gratitude Down
A gratitude journal can be an invaluable resource, especially on days when you're feeling upset or unwell. Write down at least one thing you are thankful for each day. Your entry doesn't need to be complicated: A sunny day after a week of rain can be enough to inspire you. In difficult moments, you'll have a list to reflect upon and to share with friends

by
, on Flickr
pd documentary - part 2 and 3

Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and the wrong. Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.
lou_lou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chemar (09-21-2008), southie (09-26-2008)