View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 01:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile To Miss Loretta

Loretta, Its so nice to meet you. Thank you for making me feel so welcome. I only have the one son. He is a driven young man. He goes to Oregon State University. He just changed his major from mechanical engineering to political science with a minor in engineering. He is an Air Force ROTC Cadet. He wants to spend his life in the Air Force serving his country with a goal of being a general one day. You are lucky to still see your children so often. Even though my son is only 2 1/2 -3 hours away I go monthes without seeing him. He has a great deal of commitments because of ROTC. But I am very proud. If not a little scared. I like my SCS & it helps my pain level on a day to day basis. It doesnt help a lot during a flare. It however did not help as much as I though it would & did not give me my life back like I though it would either. I thought it would cut my pain by 50% or so & I could go back to work.Not in my pevious job (it was a high energy & physically demanding job) but I thought I could get a college education & become a teacher. But my pain level on a good day was only cut by about 20%. More than anything it takes the edge off and helps me keep my sanity. I have beeen in a bad flare for 3 week or more and am jst now coming off it. The SCS barely helped but at the same time I didnt want to turn it off to take a shower or drive anywhere. I am so sorry you are in so much pain & I hope your doctors can help. I have heard RSD in the eyes is awful. I have friends who have it full body & that scares me to death. I just went to my pain doc yesterday & I am not very happy with him right now. It is the first time that I have felt no convidence in him & that he has given up in helping me. I think I am taking his control over my pain meds away from him and giving them back to my general practioner doc. I am closer to him & feel like he takes better care of me. I live in the high desert of centeral Oregon. SO I have both warm & cold climate. We have a distinct 4 seasons. I am not looking forward to winter. It is my worst time. The snow and ice & cold are not my friend. I dont know if I missed anything else you wanted to know. If I did just ask me again. I am sorry. It was really nice to meet you. Please let me know what your doctor said. And take care.
hugs,
Denny
dennyfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote