Fabulous Belizean Member

15 yr Member
Fabulous Belizean Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weegot5kiz View Post
so are they gonna keep curly for a house pet
um, I didn't ask.

but since he's six months old, he'll start the mating dance soon, and his defect will be passed on to offspring.

oh, and we're glad we sold him, we'd have a REALLY hard time eating him...

Kell, it's a lot harder to deal with meat, and take it from the barnyard to the table.

but... (and this is a HUGE but!) we KNOW for sure, everything the animal ate, how it was cared for, how sanitary the area is, and (I let my husband do it) a quick merciful end.

some of our inspiration for wanting to do this came from reading the book - Fast Food Nation, by Eric Schlosser:

Schlosser discusses his findings on meat packing companies IBP, Inc. and ConAgra and on Kenny Monfort. Schlosser also recounts the steps of meat processing and reveals several hazardous practices unknown to many consumers, for example, the practice of rendering dead pigs and horses and chicken manure into cattle feed. Schlosser notes that practices like these were responsible for the spread of bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE, aka Mad Cow Disease), as well as introducing into the food supply harmful bacteria, such as E. coli.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_Food_Nation

we were appalled and horrified at the treatment of animals in the "efficient" and "modern" meat processing industry.

since we didn't want to become vegetarians, we opted to take responsibility for our own food, rather than leave it to greedy corporations.

barb02 (09-20-2008), Blues Girl (09-20-2008), ewizabeth (09-20-2008), FinLady (09-20-2008), FranksAngel (09-20-2008), keli (09-21-2008), Kitty (09-20-2008), snoozie (09-20-2008), Twinkletoes (09-21-2008), Vonn07 (09-20-2008), weegot5kiz (09-20-2008)