View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 03:05 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8rgirl View Post
When my PC laptop bit the dust a few months ago I bought a MACbook and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I was an original Mac user when they first hit the market back in 1984 but when we moved to the west coast, NO ONE supported them. So, had to make the switch to the PC environment.

I am back to MAC and will never switch back. It is sooo easy.

If you are truly interested in one, find an Apple Store and go visit the Genius Bar and talk to them. Buy a refurbished one. They cost less but you get a much better product b/c they have been gone over with a fine tooth comb and are better than one from the factory. You can look on the Apple website for one and you get the same warranty as a new one.

I was NOT going to get a new PC with Vista. Too many bugs and I already knew that the very expensive landscape design program I use does not interface well with Vista.

I run a dual platform on my MAC - I have Windows XP on it so I didn't have to buy all new software that is windows based. It runs perfect.

I love this laptop. Plus it only weighs about 3 lbs as opposed to the 8 or 9 lb HP laptop I used to carry around! Makes a huge difference.

And the graphics are better, it's faster, it's automatic. Practically runs itself!

Can you tell I am sold on this!
I am with you 100% on the MACbook. I bought DDs one a little more than a year ago. Although the hard drive crashed a couple of months ago, it was replaced for free due to warranties and the Apple care that we bought. It has been an awesome computer for us.

Unfortunately, many of the programs I use for work only work on Windows not MACs. Once the software company makes changes, hopefully soon, I will definitely see what I can do to get a MAC.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote