View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 03:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Cheryl ,You just vent away!!!! It's been a long time since all of us old board members have posted. How is your Mom?
Erin,
How long have you been on the Prednisone. I've been on Prednisone for well over 4 years now, and haven't had a day with out them. I want to get off them more than anything, but my body is giving me some difficulty when ever we try.
Becareful in watching your Adrenal Glands, look for Diabetes, Kidney problems, and of course Blood Pressure issues, and in me it may have caused Pulmonary Hypertension. Prednisone is a great med for immediate results, but there are so many other things that it can affect. Eye pressures, Cataracts...etc. I would give anything if I could get off of it. I'm a little puffy from it, but not too bad, lol...I have more important issues with my body to deal with. Like, I want to Stay awake, I'd like to live a long happy life.
Besides dealing with Myasthenia, I am a Narcoleptic, I have dysautonomia, and now Pulmonary Hypertension, not to mention all the little junk like, Raynauds, Diabetes, thickening of the left heart, 30 percent of my lungs weakened by MG....etc... And I'm only 44.
Wow, I guess I had to vent too.

Love Lizzie
P.S. Does Lois show up anymore?
Maxwell'sMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote