View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 04:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
seasonal affective disorder
I have always thought this was a problem for me. I hate the days shortening, coming home from work in the dark at 5. Here on the east coast, the sun sets early in the summer, I have never gotten used to the difference between here and Michigan, in that respect.

As for what Dahlek is thinking, I follow that too. Things get taken away from us, like walking in the dark, without dizziness. If I forget to turn on my porch light, I have a terrible time unlocking my door...that never was a problem for me...the disorientation makes me crazy sometimes. I actually do not have much pain, which I am grateful for. The days of weakness get to me though. Like trying to turn the keys in the ignition, or unlocking the car door (I don't have a keychain button for mine), opening bottles, like shampoo, conditioners, liquid soaps...water bottles, you name it.

Reading is something I really miss too. I still try, but I read the same page over and over, and it seems like I get bored so easily. I used to read a book, watch tv, and deal with my 5 kids all at once. I never thought about this being a symptom either.

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote