View Single Post
Old 11-11-2006, 07:44 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

My blocks have lasted each time after surgery. When the Dr. did my shoulder surgery the second time they did a block on me right after I went to sleep. I know because I thought he was going to give it to me before and when I saw that needle coming at me I just paniced but I was on my way out and he said he was going to wait until I was out.

When Dr. S done took out my muscle underneath my left arm he had a block done first. The RSD didn't come out at all. I honestly believe that if there is a chance that the RSD can be kept in then we have to ask for that block.

The Drs. don't always disclose everything. I don't think any of them discussed RSD as a possibility with me but by being on this forum could help some. I was so out of it I just never went to any other forum but the TOS forum at the time and later after I developed the RSD I went to that forum.

I think also RSD is being discussed more now on this forum then it use to be and that is helping people to ask questions about it and learn about it.

I can't imagine a Dr. wanting to do a sympathectomy so quick without talking to a patient about the things that can be done to help get the RSD calmed down. I never was offered that by anyone that I saw about my RSD. I did think it might be a good ideal at times but Deb helped me understand the consequences of one. They only work for so long and then from what I have heard the RSD comes back worse.

To me there are very few Drs. care about their patients and only see the dollar signs on them. The better the insurance the more they want to do to them. I also think they are taught to distance their self from patience and only keep it in strictly professional. Luckily some Drs. are not like that and you really have to research the Dr. and see them more then once before a surgery to get some ideal of what they are really about.

I do believe in blocks though. I also wanted to say that Dr. Hooshmand in Florida wrote a book about RSD. It cost 85. but it was the best 85 dollars I have ever spent. I learned about triggerpoint injections and other things we can do to fight the RSD. It also tells what all RSD can do to the body.

Lisa, I do hope you start feeling better. It's always been a tossup to me which is worse my TOS, RSD, or Fibro. I am so sorry that you did have such a bad experience. I had one with an Osteopathic Dr. so I know where you ae coming from.

I hope you start seeing some better days.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote