View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 03:09 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Anyone taking Amitriptyline?

Anyone here taking Amitriptyline having any problems with insomnia or frequent urination??? I'm actually taking for insomnia, but I think it's quit working for me.

I'm supposed to be up around 9am...(hah! like that's gonna happen now!) I took the amitriptyline about an hour and a half ago. You'd think I'd be asleep right now..

I've been in the bathroom for most of the evening, because I think this is causing some pretty serious frequent (extremely frequent) urination. So, not only am I not sleeping, I'm uncomfortable. Other than the constant peeing, I dont feel like I have a UTI (and I've had a lot of those)

I've already figured out that it's causing me some water retention and weird cravings for sweet foods. (I'm starving right now!)

Why is it that every medication my doctors give me cause more problems than they solve?????

I just wish that I could sleep. I think I'm going to be asking for some Ambien.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Desinie (09-21-2008), dmplaura (09-21-2008)