View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 08:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terp View Post
Hi Everyone! Glad I finally figured out someone made a new site for us!!

I've been having a horrible struggle lately with feeling a lot of pressure in my head off and on through out the day. It's been going on for like a week. Sometimes I also feel very dizzy, sometimes woozy.

I went in for a CT Scan last friday and my neurologist said everything looks normal. He wants me to increase my migraine meds, but I can't believe that this is a migraine thing, and I have trouble at that level of medication that's why I decreased before. I'm going to see my regular doc on Tuesday to see what he says.

What kind of experience have all of you had with this? Any ideas? Does it sound like a hydro issue to you or do you think it really could be just a migraine thing? I'd love any info you have to offer I'm getting pretty desperate.

Thanks everyone. Good to finally "see" everyone again.

Heather

Hey
im 16 almost 17 and ive had a vp shunt fitted to drain my arachnoid cyst since 14 months old, I had this revised at 4 years old... This was brilliant and had no problems until 2 weeks ago, where my opthalmologist diagnosed me with papiladema behind my eye (on a routine check up at great ormond street hospital) I had no idea I had anything wrong with me I felt perfectly fine... Hadn't had a headache for weeks infact, I usually have headaches every other day so this caught me by surprise as this indicated pressure in my head damaging my optical nerves.

They had to try and measure this pressure in my head by inserting an intercranial pressure monitor for 48 hours... As CT scans did not show any evidence as such of any pressure.
i had this done, came round from the op fine, until hours after where it was hard to open my eyes, an exploding headache and constant vomiting... I then went into a coma state.
my pressure in my head measured 95 (typically 5-10 for a normal patient) and my bpm went to 35 (typically 100+)

I had an emergency shunt revision there and then, I woke up sore but no evidence of headache nausea blurred vision or anything. Perfect.

The next day I woke with a very noticable red track down my neck where my tube was... They said not to worry, I went home that day.

Came bk 5 days later for a check up, I explained I had an ongoing mild drowsy headache, I had Ct scan done (fine) && a shunt series xray. This showed up that my tubing in my stomach had uncoiled itself from my abdominal cavity, therefore I had my stomach reopened and the tubing was reimplanted into my abdominal cavity. Immediately after the op I had this checked but once again it done the same thing due to scar tissue damage from the operations done in the same place. I had this redone in a new incision and it worked. Now I'm fine && due to go on holiday in. 4hours!

I suggest you get checked for intercranial pressure no matter how well you may seem as the tube may of dislodged or coiled, my doctors all said the headache sound like migraine, until they inserted the ICP monitor, when i had the shunt revised, they drilled into my head and the fluid was at such high pressure it flew across the theatre!!
this werent the only time, the exact same thing happened when i was 4...no tests showed any evidence and everything was normal until they drilled into my head! lol
Good luck =D xx
jadiee-x is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote