View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 09:47 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I think I fell asleep around 5am, or 530. I'm up now so that I can take a shower before the boyfriend gets here to take me and my parents somewhere for the day.

I'd be calling him and canceling if it wasnt for promising my mom that we were going to the apple harvest. If I cancel, she's going to be irrationally angry at me. (she had a traumatic brain injury when she was 17, and is now starting to have some problems with memory and her ability to control her anger) I knew that I shouldnt have let my dad tell her about it till this morning.

I looked up Amitriptyline on the internet last night. I think I know why I had to go to the bathroom so much that I'm chafing now. The ami dries you out. I think it dehydrated me and I was drinking water because I was so thirsty. The side effects say something about causing kidney problems too, so I think I'll be asking my doctor to check my kidneys when I go to get a new sleeping pill.

I just dont feel like I have a UTI, I've had enough of them, and for some reason, I just dont feel like that's the problem.

It just seems like the amitriptyline just up and quit working on me...and out of the side effects that Dmplaura listed in her post, I think I experienced just about all of them. Maybe not all of them, but probably about 85% of them.

I read on the list of side effects I found on the internet, that sensitivity to sunlight and photophobia could be a side effect, which would make a lot of sense to me now, since even with sunglasses, I have problems outside.

Oh, and numbness in the extremities! My feet went numb about a week ago.

Maybe I dont have MS, maybe all the drugs that the doctors keep throwing at me are causing me all the weird numbness because it seems like every one of them have "numbness in the extremities" as a side effect.

I better go wash my hair, I think the boyfriend will be here in about an hour and a half. Hopefully I wont fall asleep in the shower.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Desinie (09-21-2008), dmplaura (09-21-2008), weegot5kiz (09-21-2008)