View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 10:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Weekly Check In Sept 21-27, 2008

Hi Everyone..Warm days and cool nights..Fall is upon us in New England..I really enjoy this cooler weather

We has our annual APDA Race, Walk, and Roll yesterday at Goddard State Park in Warwick R.I., and we had an beautiful sunny day for it..Our local NBC News channel, WJAR Weatherman John Ghiorse has been our ongoing Grand Marshall..I worked on the race team putting up signs along the race course to direct the runners..Then waited at the finish line to log the runners time

At these events, naturally you get to see parkies in all stages of this disease..You see some that were up a year ago, and then down for the count now..It can be very discouraging..But then you see guys like Francis Smith, from my support group, who was dx at 35 years old..had DBS years ago..and has had pd for more than 30 years now..Before I finish talking about Francis, let me say that the racers ran 3k..the walkers walked a mile and a half..Im standing at the finish line, and around the corner emerges this tall man with a pd like gait, with sunglasses on..As he gets closer, I turned to Ron who was the coordinater of the race, and said.."Is that Frances?"..And sure enough it was!..He walked that mile and a half, and got to the finish line before droves of the "well" folks did..So there's the hope!..He doesnt know it, but lump in throat..he made my day!

I went clamming early in the week, and did well..Planning on going tomorrow..So Im gonna go out now, and have my Rx's filled, and get ready

How was your week?

Edit:..I forgot the most important part of my story about Francis..He had a knee replacement within the past 12 months

Last edited by stevem53; 09-21-2008 at 03:15 PM.
stevem53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
vertigo (09-24-2008)