View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 11:22 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Andy, sorry you’re having such painful problems. I too have a few herniated discs. I am scheduled to have my 5th surgery on October 6th. Most of my surgeries are to fix what was given to me at birth...Spina Bifida Occulta, Didn't know about it until I was an adult. I was fortunate to have only the bone formations only. Do have problems with my bladder though.

The pain you’re describing sounds like my pain. I have pain that goes into my legs. I have terrible pain in my pelvis. My herniated disc are at the L2-L3 and L3-L4. Some days my legs will be so stiff and hurt so bad. I'm trying not to take pain meds but some days I have to.

Something I do to relieve pain is to lay on an ice pad for 20 and then hot pad for 20. It will help with any swelling that is causing some of the pain.

I did have three epidurals this year. The doc injected the nerves in the areas that he will be doing the surgery. I did get pain relief. It was so great. Yes, your pain will come back but for the pain, relief it gives you it is great. You almost forget you have back problems.

I’m not sure if I have helped…hope you can get some pain relief soon.

“Being my sweethearts full-time care partner, I have to remind myself, when some well-meaning friend or relative questions my methods or motives, that I know more than they do because I Live this life 24/7, and they only come for short visits.” Tamiloo

Gotta love my Olhipie! Dx'd RRMS 1986, SPMS 2004

Watch my Olhipie Skiing....

tamiloo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (01-06-2009)