View Single Post
Old 11-11-2006, 11:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Wink Spinal cord stimulator

Hi Claudia:

I just wanted to give you thumbs up for the stimulator. I have the intrathecal pump but know of a lot of people who have had great success with the stimulator. I don't know where I would be without my pump. I am on a tiny fraction of the amount of meds I was on before getting it inserted and believe it is a gift from God. I was bed and wheelchair bound and basically had no life.

As far as the weightgain issue with Lyrica, I found out I have heart failure - not from the Lyrica, but because my mitral valve repair caused it. I gained 40pounds in four weeks - not from the Lyrica, but from problems in my valve. My cardiologist who is very good didn't even consider the Lyrica as a cause. So while I may have gained some weight from Lyrica, it isn't 40 pounds that quickly. I learned to control my diet when narcotics caused me to back up so badly it was enemas every few days. I look at every carbohydrate as glue, and weight is not a problem. I think I will do the same with Lyrica and see if I can't control the issue a bit.

Since I began addressing the heart failure, my energy has returned, my figure is returning and I feel like the Lyrica is giving me the pain relief I originally had at 300 mg. So maybe the problem with your weight isn't the Lyrica after all but some other medical problem. Just something to think about. Just from experience, it's worth looking into.
Joanne
Joanne Turner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote