View Single Post
Old 11-12-2006, 08:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy all my recipies are in storage

The last holiday I cooked I had a flareup from hell - and all I was responsible for was the sweet potato soufflé... and I had help making it too! 5lbs of potatoes is no easy thing to boil, dump water, mash, remash and lift to the oven.

This Holiday, Kroger is cooking the turkey, HoneyBaked Ham is making the Ham, relatives are making everything else, visitors are assigned items to bring and I'm in charge of the bar. My brother is making a cajun dressing with crawfish - sounds yummy! Being a Yankee, I never did care for cornbread dressing but have tasted plenty of it. I like bread stuffing the best... with loads of gravy!! Sadly, it's StoveTop® this year.

My big problem is getting the house clean before guests arrive. I can do some of it, but it will KILL me and I'll be miserable company because of it. This will be the biggest chunk of family to see me really bad off... I wonder how they will respond? I'm going to see if I can recruit some friends to help me - but for the long-term, I just can't cope with the housework anymore. there goes one more means of stress relief.

Keep those recipies coming, I love to see what everyone else has for their Holiday feast!
Anne

"It is what it is."
astern is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote