View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 10:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Boy your story sounds eerily familar. I am a cpa, always the go to person for difficult issues in the office. Since my last concussion (4 concussions in 18 months, pcs issues after the last one 2 1/2 years ago), I can't make it through an IRS reg without feeling loopy. For some, that may not be surprising, but when your job depends on it, not a good thing. I have struggled through two tax seasons, making lots of errors and feeling like an idiot for making basic, repetitive mistakes. I reduced my work week to two five hour days after 3 months. I held on for the six month recovery, then 12 month recovery and then 18 month recovery. But all of my issues remain (blurry/double vision, headaches, difficulty sleeping, concentrating, focusing and processing information, moodiness).

So after 20 years in the field, at age 41 I am leaving accounting. I have finally realized that this is where I am at and I can't work in a job that fills me with constant negative feelings and leaves me in tears. There is more to life than making it through another day of work. I'm sure there is something else out there for me, but thankfully I am able to take some time off and not think about it. From your posting threads, it sounds like you reached this conclusion faster than I. Good luck!
soccermom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote