View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 04:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I too have trouble reading. For some strange reason I keep either buying books or checking them out at the library thinking I will read them quickly. . . only to discover that my eyes can't stay focused on the page, or my mind on the words, or my brain on the concept. I do a lot of reading online, and magazines I can read . . . but even then, I break up my reading over several periods that alternate with doing art, housework, or watching a good film. Part of my issue is with the pain, which is so distracting raw, and still muffled distraction when I find the right combination of meds to make it duller.

And I would love to write. I love to write. I started a blog, but now I don't write in it like I thought I would. I could write a book here, but when I sit down to just write in my blog, it just won't come.

However, I am grateful that I am painting again. As frustrating as it is not being able to finish a book, not being able to finish a painting or start a new one is even more frustrating. And I have found the only time I believe I truly have good pain blockage is when I am deep into a painting. Of course, I also forget to eat, take breaks, or attend to other things on my schedule.