View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 06:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi

1990 Bi lateral c7 ribs excised with stellate ganglion sympathectomies

6mnth recovery but car crash - rear impact left with bad whiplash --injections in neck for headaches etc and neck pianfor several years.
Viral illness left with neuropathy to lower limb
R SIJ problems - pain +++
All seemed ok til 04 - L wrist pain....within 10 days raging bilat arm pain..only relieved by being flat hence my sign on name Horizontal. Then that did not help.

Lots investigations.....CXR, MRI, EMG ruled out hind brain herniation but do have narrowing/disc degen down c spine.

05 - had exploratory surgery L brachial plexus ----adhesions, rib end excised, muscle cleaned up, nerve fibres pinned down, released...recon work to sub clavian art...
Have colour change, cold hands, grip probs, sensation issues
Very tight thoracic outlet space......lots nerve damage.

Post op......still pain probs persist....lots of drugs inc Ketamine
Breathing problems - have L. hemidiaphragm paralysis and partial paralysis to R. on oxygen and SOB minimal exertion.

Review with surgeon very soon...also under pain doc. - both great docs.
Getting lower limb problems - both knees jointly (no pun intended) giving me pain...despite the pain meds I am on...so this is giving me trouble getting up and moving about.
Had to retire from work.....fed up but maintaining ability to laugh as if get depressed wont be able to drag self out of hole with useless arms.

That's me....like you found myself here and made some great friends...great help and useful advice.

Last edited by Horizontal One; 09-07-2006 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Brain like sieve!!!