Old 09-22-2008, 10:01 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanb View Post
Doody,

I have TIVO and I love it. I don't know about their website, though - I haven't been there in quite a while. But TIVO is very convenient - you can set up to record programs you like - like I love Project Runway. I have TIVO set up to record each episode. So even if I'm not home, it's recorded. And I can save or delete the shows that I've recorded.

Jean
Hi. I have a question. I have Directv. I do not have the DVR thing. I still use vcrs to tape and Alan and I LOVE to swap tapes.

The reason I don't do the DVR thing is that I would have to have strangers deliver the boxes (2) to me, and have them hook it up.

Now I have heard about Tivo. I know what that is.

Could I possibly get two Tivo boxes (to replace my existing Directv boxes). And that way I wouldn't have to have strangers come to my home.

I would need a box for me in the bedroom, and for Alan in the living room where either he watches, or we both watch (with our own set of individual volume controlled headsets. Really neat setup I did because now we can sit in the living room together, watch anything we want and adjust our own individual headsets. If I let him watch a show without a headset, I'd be kicked out of my apartment, that's how loud he makes it, he has a 20% hearing loss and he doctor told him to use a headset. But I could never watch a show with him. Then I put in a splitter, inserted two separate headphones and now we can sit together when we wish and enjoy the same show.

So do I need to actually use the DVR Directv boxes, or can I buy two TIVO boxes? (I know I have to subscribe to tivo service, right? (I think)???

Thanks much for any info
Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote