View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 01:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi, all.

Steve, your fundraiser walk/run sounds like a great success. Keep up the good work.
It sounds like clamming is paying off for you. I'm sure the exertion while you are doing it is greater than conch fishing, but my guess is that hauling the traps up and rebaiting them, then putting them away at the end of the season is pretty hard work too. Also, I think I would prefer the more immediate reward of seeing the results of my work with each raking over haveing to wait a day or two to check traps.

Congratualtions, Evonne!
Someone is going to be very fortunate to have you working for them. Your sensitive, caring attitude, not to mention the fact that you are obviously very bright, make you a top-notch candidate for the best of the available positions. I'll be praying for you to get matched with a job that you will be very happy with. I'm confident that you will recognize that situation right away.

Cooler weather (highs of less than 90, lows less than 70) is here in the South. I always look forward to this time of year. There is an amazing flower in this area that blooms just when that cooling occurs. They reveal no foliage at all during the spring and summer, then overnight, in the cooler weather send up clumps of 12-15-inch stems with bright red-orange spidery blossom on top of each stem! They are appropriately called surprise lillies, or spider lillies. The blossoms last about a week, followed by green blades of foliage which persist well into the winter. I think of them as autumn jonquils.

I hope you folks in the Pacific Northwest can keep optimistic thoughts of the return of sunshine next summer. Get some artificaial bright light therapy if you can, and try to make provision for regular exercise. It seems that you pay dearly for the ideal August and September weather during the rest of the year! Hang in there!

Everyone have a great week.
Robert

Last edited by RLSmi; 09-22-2008 at 01:09 PM. Reason: sp
RLSmi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote