View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 04:44 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Angry Burning Mouth Syndrome, again

So, I've narrowed it down. After receiving a list of every prescription medication I had during 2007, and dental procedure during 2007, I have managed to link my case of burning mouth syndrome (BMS) not to my MS, but to dental work.

June 18, 2007 - Was fitted with mouth 'splints' for day and night wear. These covered the top row and bottom row of my teeth.

July 16, 2007 - I had my 1 month follow up with my dentist. He recorded at the time "She complained of numbness of the lips... and burning in the mouth

July 17, 2007 - I filled my first prescription of Nystatin (used for oral yeast infections).

Needless to say, the Nystatin did nothing. I've been swabbed like 5 times for yeast in the mouth. Never a positive.

Sometime between June 18 to July 16 of 2007, the 'appliances' the dentist crafted for me to wear day and night, caused things to go wrong in my mouth. Specifically my nerves.

Where do I go from here? I see a neurologist for my MS. I have a GP. I no longer go to that dentist. I've been in touch with an Osteopath that has a 'release' technique she used to treat 1 case of burning mouth, successfully, but she lives far away. I sent my chiropractor all the details the Osteopath sent to me. I'm taking all my medical and dental information with me on my next visit to my chiro.

If nerves were damaged in the mouth, is there a specific way for them to find out exactly what nerves are damaged? Is this treatable outside of surgery? I really don't want to face permanent damage. It's like the nerves are still working in the mouth, they're just 'misfiring' due to damage it feels like.
05/2008 - Relapse
05/2008 to 02/2009 - Copaxone
10/2011 - Relapse - Optic Neuritis developed
9/2012 - Relapse - Balance issues 1 sided
8/2012 - Erythema Nodosum - diagnosed 10/2012, reaction to Topiramate (Topamax)
April 7/14 - Raynaud's Syndrome DX
dmplaura is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
nananancynancy (10-01-2012)