Thread: Knock Knock
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2006, 04:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

mark,

if i were given the power to cure only 3 diseases, depression would be one of them.....monkey and ada had a couple of good suggestions......if u do consider counselling, try to find someone who has experience with chronic pain/disability.....or maybe grief counselling?....it isn't that long since u lost your mother, and it takes a long time to adjust to a major loss like that, especially when dealing with other important losses, like health.

another thing u could consider after u get your social security (don't do it till then - they'll consider it proof that u could work) is becoming a literacy volunteer, teaching adults to read....they train u, and it only involves a few hours a week of one-on-one time....and i'm sure there r other volunteer organizations that would be thrilled to have u, even on an occasional basis.

from my own experience, i'd have to recommend AGAINST working with young kids....i was a helper at my grandkids' school last year (one , just one, hour a week) and i spent the whole winter sick....i had forgotten that kids go to school, not to get an education, but to trade diseases -- and they were happy to share the germs with me!

as for playing with fire and wetting the bed?.....those r 2 of the 3 warning signs of a sociopathic personality in kids!....what on earth were u up to as a kid if your mother felt the need to warn u about that?......hmmmmmm?????

was your mother irish?.....lots of irish folk on my family tree and i think they're the most superstitious bunch in the world.....i still find it strange to leave a building by a different door than i used when entering, and i KNOW it doesen't mean anything, but my mother totally drilled that into us!

i hope u find the perfect house....i love one-floor living!....our house is a cape cod, but has 2 bedrooms on the first floor, so it's like living in a rancher for me....i don't go upstairs very often.....the 2 rooms upstairs r the guest room (very rarely used) and bill's "study" (think dumpster with windows - he's not a very neat person)....our laundry room is on the first floor too, which has made life much easier for me.

don't hesitate to vent when u feel that ominous "knock-knock"....there r so many of us who fight depression, that we understand and want to help.

and i AM keeping my chin up.....at 5'3", it's the only way i could possibly talk to u!

liz
coachV is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote