View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 06:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

The numdness on the side of your head is normal. My surgeon said that a main nerve has to be cut through to get to where they need to do the work , so tha tis normal. As far as tring to be a wife, mother, and employee....You need to become the child for a while and let others do your duties. My husband was home with me for 3 weeks after and stayed with me the 4 days I was readmitted. Do not over do it, you will only risk your heling or possibly worse. Vertigo was one of my symptoms and after the surgery I had a little trouble with the dizziness for a few weeks and it got better. I am symtom free of that anf only minor headaches and I think that is from the nerve coming back in my head.
Please for your health take it easy. I would get my boys off to school and sleep for the next 5 hours. I had times where sleep was impossible to do, ask your Doc for somethng to help. Do a little more each day and rest when you need to. Enlist your children. Mine are 8 & 10 My husband is in the military and works 5 hours away and home on weekends. When he went back, my boys helped alot. Weight limit was 5pds. Gallon of milk is 8......they would get my laundry to the basement I would wash and dry it and they would haul it up stairs when they got home to get folded and then they would take baskets up for us to put away. If they are old enough to learn to cook, heres a good chance to get them started. They can help boil water and help you get things off the stove and out of the oven.
If they are into sports use parents and coaches to help get them to and from practice. I do not live near or on a military facility, but I did have alot of help and offers to help during my recovery from Friends, neighbors and my husbands military buddies. Don't be proud, Your recovery is the most important.
I live in Pa and will offer any advice I can, but you make that Docter know your concerns and don't let him leave without the answers you need.
hood21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote