View Single Post
Old 11-12-2006, 04:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Such good news, Steve. That boat has been a bit of a weight on your shoulders for awhile. You'll feel lighter, although I'm sure it will be sad to see it go.

Mary Frances, wish I could be there for you to talk to. I am so lucky that I sleep pretty well most nights now. It takes magnesium, exercise in the sunshine, and going to bed at 10:00. Took me years to figure out that magic combination. You're a teacher, right? How's that going this year?

Didn't go to the Remembrance Day service yesterday. My dad, who is 88 and has PD, is in the hospital, so I spent the morning with him. Not really sick, just not coping very well anymore. He can still get around with a walker, but it looks like my mom will have to get up at night with him now, and that will exhaust her in no time. So probably he will be moving into a nursing home soon. The good thing is that he has never minded hospitals - likes the nurses dropping in, has quite a few visitors, and is a cheerful, pleasant patient that they all enjoy. The local one - nine miles away - is small with only 35 beds. So, fingers crossed that it won't be too traumatic a transition for him.
wendy s is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote