View Single Post
Old 11-12-2006, 04:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Happenings

Hi Steve

Glad to hear that your boat is being sold. One less distraction.

A few things have happened at our house.

We signed the contract for the new house to be built in Maine (near Portland). We just received the Architects plans for our signature. It's just across the road from the new swimming pool. They will lay the foundation this winter and finish off the house in the Spring. We plan to move in September. It will be a chore to downsize, sell our house, move and settle into the new house. We will only be an hour from the White Mountains.

My youngest daughter (Michelle) is expecting. She was in the early stages of pregnancy a few months ago but they heard no heart beat. This time they have heard the heart and every one is hopeful. I think this will be the last of my grand children. When Michelle was born I used to call her the "caboose." because she was the last. Now this new one will be the new caboose.

My Scrabble game is improving, I am teamed against a good player but a few days ago I won 2 out of three games. Yesterday, I won one out of three. I try to play every day and I'm starting to use big words..

I've gotten back into reading fiction but I don't know how long it will last. Just finished the Kite Runner which was very good. Previously I had read the latest Margaret Atwood book which Rosebud had mentioned to me. Otherwise, I read nonfiction. I'm into 1066, the Battle of Hastings. However, if anyone has a good recommendation I'll be glad to consider it. I think it might be a good idea to trade books on this post. What do you think? As I said we are in the process of down sizing and need to get rid of things. I promise not to peddle my own writing.

All the best

Lloyd

My PD? Oh yes, I have that.
burckle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote