View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 07:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganLyn View Post
Can I jump in on this post too?

What are the treatments people have had here, if any for for spinal stenosis?

I also have Spondy in my lumbar. L5-L6. Yes, extra lumbar region. An extra lumbar region is not an un common thing to have. Most people go on most of there lives not knowing they have one. Till an x-ray, or like me, you have a problem with your spine. So, what is to be done there? My doctors do not know?

My spine is "a mess", words from my doctors. I am 33 years old. You all in this post to,Linda are so full of information.

My team of doctors seem to think a fusion from like, L4 to L6, would help. (please this may not be the exact words, just what I remember)

Do they do fusions on so many levles like this? Think this is where I am getting something mixed up?

Like Linda, I am young. And also have C spine problems.
They did tell me, if I would have the surgery on my Lumbar, I would loss range of motion. But, what else can I do?
Since July my pain has been so high. I never really thought, I would be liking the thought of surgery. But, gesh. I need to do something. This pain is not letting me sleep, or have a life with my husband. Thank the LORD he is very supporting of me. And I think, he, no I know he wants the surgey. But I am so scared.

Linda, what kind of surgery did you have done? Did it help your C spine? Do you have more motion or less? I have NO motion in my neck. What do we do with like all or most levels of the spine affected? How old where you when you started with your spine problems? Sorry for all the questions.

I have had PT and OT therepy done. I have had to many injections to count. I use a tens unit, I should maybe use it more?

Most of the time, it was just my Lumbar that caused the biggest part of my pain. But now it seems since July, my C spine is really bothering me. Most with the head pain, and not being able to move it at all hardly. Arm pain, more of like a heavyness. And hand pain. I can still type, just feels strange.

Sorry for such a long post and jumping into your post. But, your MRI on your C spine is so much like mine. It caught my attention. I really hope you do not mind. And really could use some of your advice on this. I did have my MRI listed on BT. Now just to find it again in this horried mess of my desk, LOL.

Please forgive my spelling and the like. Having brain farts tonight.
Megs
Megs:

I have fairly good motion in my neck to the surprise of my dr. and myself. The only problems I notice are when someone is behind me it drives me nuts trying to talk to them, backing out of parking space, or craddling a telephone. I still have, intermittantly, that horrible hand pain you're referring to. That was horrible at it's worst! On a pain scale of 1-10, it would be a 20. My last neck surgery was in 2/03. At that MRI none of the stenosis from arthritis was present nor was the DDD in my thoracic area. It has come on in the last 3 years, heavy and fast. The spinal canal was decompressed and everything was fine. I was totally caught by surprised. I think after a while I just got use to the little signs that might have been indicators that something else was going on in my neck and never paid attention to them for more than a passing thought. I did suspect some hand weakness early on, but then discovered my knifes were all dull and when I got new knifes, I could cut my food again. So, I thought that it was just with my knifes!! LOL Talk about wishful thinking! LOLOLOL

You are really young for a back like yours. Is it genetic or were you in some sort of accident?

Linda
Username is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote