View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 12:14 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Frank

I was dx'd in 2001 and have had 3-4 exacerbations a year with no new lesions on my MRIs.

Having said that, I entered this clinical trial for tovaxin in Jan of last year and I have had many MRIs and have no idea what they look like since then so I cannot tell you whether I have any new lesions since Jan of 2007.

Just b/c you have no new activity, or no new lesions, does not mean squat. I personally think that too much weight is given to lesion load for MS disability. It's new technology and docs think that wow! look at this. We can SEE all the UBOs now so something MUST be happening.

As was explained to be in plain english, there are a lot of silent areas in the brain where there are lesions that don't affect anything. You can have a whole lot of lesions in those areas of your brain and never know you have MS. All is takes is one or two lesions in the "active" areas of your brain or spinal cord and bam! You know you have MS. That's me. And I bet that's a lot of people. So, you have to look at the whole person, not just one aspect.

MRIs are just new technology and just one piece of the puzzle. Lesion load is also just one piece of the puzzle. You can have 3 lesions and be more disabled that someone with 25 lesions depending on where those lesions are located.

Location location location!!!

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (09-23-2008), GladysD (09-23-2008), Jappy (09-24-2008), Twinkletoes (09-23-2008), weegot5kiz (09-23-2008)