View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 12:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Cold copaxone update...

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say that I finally got around to calling Shared Solutions regarding cold vs. warm copaxone. They said that the FDA is really saying that you need to take it out of the refrigerator at least 20 minutes prior to the shot. Of course, my body doesn't like the copaxone warmed - it likes it right out of the fridge.

As for my bleeding issue with almost every shot - I'm inclined to believe the needles are dull - of course, I don't know how you tell that! How can you tell? I look at it after I take it out of the autojector - but I just can't tell!

Anyhow, they are going to send me one replacement box (or atleast 25 needles) - because one box that I had wasn't injecting fully....which freaked me out b/c I wasn't getting all of the copaxone. (Yeah, I'm a freak!)

I'm also going to start heating before the shot to see if it makes a difference b/c on top of the "regular" site reactions of bumps and itches and stings - I end up with a black and blue at least 90% of the time! My question is - don't you find it a pain in the ***** to hold a heat pack to the body part to heat it? I mean, it's not like you can just set it on your leg...you have to hold it to the back of your arm, etc.

Sigh.

Sorry, I feel whiny tonight!

~Keri
RedPenguins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
TwoKidsTwoCats (09-23-2008), weegot5kiz (09-23-2008)