View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 01:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks Jo, The shoulder blade pain has always been a big problem for me - its not really over the shoulder blade - more inside/underneath as you describe. I get it just sitting in a chair with a low back - then my little finger/arm start to feel funny. The muscles in my shoulder blade are very knotty and just feel uncomfortable most of the time.

I have had some PT (2 diff therapists) which finished about 2.5 years ago - it was a physio that first mentioned TOS to me when she managed to trigger my symptoms by moving my arm. I have also had acupuncture which helped shift some of the solid lumpy muscles.

SInce then - MRI & MRA, all clear, 2 Nerve studies - all clear (the first mentioned some poss interference but notthing specific) He did another xray yesterday but i dont know the results on thatyet. Pain cons did adsons and my pulse weakened - he also thought its likely tos.

I have left my office job 2 years ago and the pain isnt as intense but still affects me on a daily basis.

4 yrs later and feel like im at the end of the road - if he rules out tos then i just dont know where to go anymore as im certain its what i have! I wil take a look at the things u suggest i research later today - im just feeling really drained after the long journey - over 4 hours each way and i feel like im not really any furtther on - perhaps i just need to be a little more patient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo55 View Post
IMO the shoulder blade pain is a myofascial occurrence or reaction due to the rolled, hunched or shoulder forward posture.

For me I get the pain under the shoulder blade when I am not being mindful of postures. It is the rhomboids that can get over stretched very easily.
There's another post of mine from last winter?? where I explain the cause /effect/ fix of this for me.
a forum search of "rhomboids" should bring it up for you.

[he may want to do some exploratory surgery to look for any fibrous bands]
Umm if you do have Crps - unnecessary surgeries are not advised.

There is a version called cold RSD, but you might need to search the RSD forum for more info about it or post a question asking about it there.

I'm sorry - I read so many other forums here that i can't recall what tests or PT you have had so far??
If you can make a brief list of what you have done already?

If not expert PT, posture work or bodywork - I really suggest that be tried - first maybe at a few different places or diff people.
pain reduction first priority at those places - therapeutic massage, Trigger point work, ultrasound, LLLT , E stim... etc
after pain is reduced then some gentle stretches and maybe some isometric muscle work
at any time if sx increase or new ones start up - step back to a safe point

myofascial pain info sites
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...al&btnG=Search
TraceyW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (09-23-2008)